For brands and organizations planning on using mobile at an event to build buzz and create brand engagement, here is a list of tactics to follow:
- Request opt-ins: Use the real-world event to gather mobile opt-ins from event participants, which will allow your organization to extend the engagement following the event.
- Sweepstakes entries or contests at an event will allow your organization to gather opt-ins and extend the engagement after the event is over. It can also be a great way to build social buzz.
- Brand presence: Designate a booth or area for fans to engage with the brand in the real world–use the physical space with a mobile call-to-action.
- Offer special deals for new customers to build intrigue and hand out thank you gifts for existing customers to reward loyalty.
- Multiple channels for web and digital engagement: Build a strategy that tackles mobile web, websites, SMS, print, video and more other forms of online and offline communications to increase availability and accessibility.